If you face the problem wherein images don’t exhibit the thumbnail preview instead it shows the icon of the default image viewing application, then you’re on the right vicinity as at present we are going to see a way to repair this issue. Each time you open Dossier Explorer and open a folder containing images, you will see that thumbnail preview is not working, which is a really disturbing issue.
There may be many reasons which may trigger this difficulty which include Thumbnails, or Thumbnail Previews perhaps disabled, or thumbnail cache perhaps corrupted etc. So without losing any time let’s see the way to Fix Thumbnail Previews not displaying in Windows 10 with assistance from the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Fix Thumbnail Previews no longer displaying in Windows 10
Make sure to create a restore point just in case whatever goes wrong.
Method 1: Disable Icons
1. Open Windows Dossier Explorer then from the menu click on View and choose Options.
2. Swap to the View tab and uncheck “Always exhibit icons, certainly not thumbnails“.
3. Click Apply, adopted with the aid of OK.
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Also Read : Fix Macbook Charger Not Working Issue
Method 2: Enable Thumbnail preview
1. Press Windows Key + R then kind sysdm.cpl and hit Input to open System Properties.
2. Swap to Progressed tab then click Settings less than Performance.
3. Ensure you are less than Visible Consequences tab then checkmark “Show thumbnails rather of icons“.
4. Click on Apply, followed via OK.
5. Restart your PC to avoid wasting changes.
Method 3: Clear thumbnail cache
Run Disk Cleanup on the disk where the Thumbnail Previews aren’t showing.
Note: This will reset all of your customization on Folder, so in case you don’t want that then try this technique at last as this would obviously fix the issue.
1. Go to This PC or My PC and right-click on the C: force to select Properties.
3. Now from the Properties window, click on Disk Cleanup under capacity.
4. It is going to make an effort to calculate how much area Disk Cleanup will free.
5.Wait till Disk Cleanup analyzes the force and provide you with a catalogue of each of the documents that can be removed.
6.Checkmark Thumbnails from the record and click on Clean up system files in the backside lower than Description.
7. Await Disk Cleanup to finish and notice if you could Fix Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows 10.